In my opinion the forum activity is slowing down.

no troubles??
On one hand, that could be a good sign, as people don't have a lot of troubles // or they have nice friends or resellers helping them.

scared away??
On the other hand it can be that the forum isn't found by users // or that the look and feel scares new users.
As I have some experience with other 3D fora, I can say honestly that the way questions and new users are threatened here is super nice and friendly. But others can experience this forum otherwise of course.

good support directly from CraftUnique??
That can't be it. ;-) I mean, I have no idea how that support is. Surely for general questions, they are at the ball, but so much more to experience and ask outside the operation field of CraftUnique.

domination of power users??
As always there are some 'superstars' active on a forum, answering all questions because they feel almighty, not giving the change to new users to communicate and share experiences. Those power-users are great, but maybe they make it impossible for newbies to get involved.

So, I'm curious how others experience this forum.

Bart

November 29, 2016

Bart ter Haar Bart ter Haar
Superstar
1347 posts

16 replies

I've just been busy .. moving my home office (giving my son the larger room) .. plus for a while (and for some weird and unknown reason) I could not connect to craftunique.com .. It wasn't till I forced an IP change that I was able to connect again.. that said I still got 363 unread forum posts to sift thru)

November 30, 2016

Bixit219 Bixit219
Superstar
1426 posts

I too have noticed the decrease in posting. I haven't attributed it to anything other than it is approaching the holiday season and most might be focused in that direction.

One thing I have always hoped for was more representation from Craftunique. Maybe getting involved in some discussions, hosting a design challenge or other like fun event.

Just my two cents :)

November 30, 2016

Michael Coley Michael Coley
Friendly
170 posts

I believe CraftBots are quite reliable comparing to many other 3D printers.

Another thing is probably because CraftBot firmware is closed source, so users can't do much mod to it, not that it needs much tweaking.

That's probably why there aren't many activities on the forum.

I was hoping that more CraftBoters would share what fun/creative projects they are working on/printing with their CraftBots.

November 30, 2016

3DForms 3DForms
Superstar
1715 posts

I have also noticed that there is less activity on the forum compared to about a year ago. For myself: I just don't have enough time at the moment. I do have several projects which are currently on hold and are eagerly waiting for me to finish my master thesis...

November 30, 2016

Stefan Stefan
Friendly
108 posts

Actually I really liked the idea of design challenges. Like KSP reddit challenges. For example they can challenge us to design a new cooling system or new mechanic things that can be implemented w/o changing or modifying software side. Further more it can be any challenge. Like Can you print that that object with specifically challenge the slicer knowledge and and printing material knowledge to test us or gives us something to work on our spare time.

I think if CU dont do that we can do that.( I feel exited now).

November 30, 2016

Levent Ozigdeci Levent Ozigdeci
Honored
305 posts

The challenge is good idea! Believe or not we have had discussions about this earlier. Our new marketing staff is working on this and to make CraftUnique more open towards to our customers and give greater insight to the company. This means we will be more social. We are very busy in the Christmas season too but things are going as planned. With new employees we outgrew the current facility so we will have to move soon, but also the development will speed up a lot!

December 1, 2016

Janos Janos
Admin
393 posts

Fantastic news Janos. Extremely happy to hear of the successes for Craftunique. Certainly earned and well deserved!

December 1, 2016

Friendly
170 posts

Thank you for lighting more bulbs up Janos. Also knowing Craftbot And Craftunique is succeeding in the 3D printing area its good. I think with that challenges which means for company ideas and application with almost no cost except time I think that will really help to improve craftbot

December 2, 2016

Levent Ozigdeci Levent Ozigdeci
Honored
305 posts

Just going to revive an old thread because... Well because it sort of underline its purpose ;-)

But yes, I've also notice the lack of activity, and I'm also to blame for it. I sort of stopped once my printers simply kept on working and they still do - and I'm actually really really impressed by this! I came back the other day because I now get a Fatal Error, but a quick search showed me that there was a new firmware, and now there's no problems - Happy happy :-D

Anyways, I believe the lack of activity is caused by newcomers haven't got a reason to enter the forums, and the seasoned users are lacking new "tasks" to work on.

The newcomer-problem is sort of a good thing since it simply means their printer is working, but I'd highly suggest Craftunique to encourage new users to get into the forums.

The "old" users is however a problem. I don't really feel that I have a reason to get into this forum anymore - There's been very few official news about new printers, new versions of CraftWare or any other interesting stuff.

So I'd love to be active in here, but currently theres not really too many reasons to. Let's do something about that :-D

Btw! I'm looking for an awesome Dual Extruder printer - Are you on that CU? :-D

May 10, 2017

Jimmi Friborg Jimmi Friborg
Friendly
138 posts

Hi
In other forums is also not great ( Zmorph).
More pictures of printouts are to be made,this is not always about the need to be super Designs, but rather it stimulates others at gives Iden or simply shows that it goes

Michael

May 11, 2017

Michael Guenther Michael Guenther
Beginner
17 posts

I monitor but haven't had much reason to post/reply other than to bug Bart.. :-)

May 12, 2017

Bixit219 Bixit219
Superstar
1426 posts

I asked CU if there's some news. It seems no news is news as well!

Although it's likely that the new Craftware version (1.15), expected this summer, will address the bug that settings under "options" will be saved.

May 19, 2017

Bart ter Haar Bart ter Haar
Superstar
1347 posts

What was once a daily visit has turned into a random visit for me. I'm surely not as visibly active as most of you are. I have enjoyed, and benefited from, all of the information and projects everyone has posted over the past couple of years. I sincerely appreciate everyone's contribution.

Not very long ago I posted on the forum to have some sort of challenge. Janos replied that this is on the table. We are almost 6 months later...

Just my thoughts...

May 19, 2017

Friendly
170 posts

@Janos, Have you completed your move to your new facility yet?

How was the progress with CW 1.15, firmware, dual extruders, and other developments? Can you let us know when we'll likely see the release of CW 1.15? Thanks!

May 19, 2017

3DForms 3DForms
Superstar
1715 posts

Maybe a pre-release beta test version of CW1.15 would liven things up a bit as people who don't mind spending time on such things try to get to grips with it...
*hint*

May 19, 2017

Kerrberos Kerrberos
Beginner
15 posts

imho the absence of the manufacturer is the big problem. trough this, there is no interaction and interest goes down.
so the forum is only about problems. no news, discussion or something interesting to participate. also, the problems must be solved by users on their spare time instead of the company.

May 22, 2017

mischl mischl
Beginner
23 posts
To start a discussion or reply to a post please Login or Create an account.