New version of the firmware is available. Firmware can be updated with CraftPrint.
These are the list of changes:

• E-shift better impact
  • Z 0.1mm wrong displayed value
  • Smoother Z-axis movement
  • Smoother X-Y movements
  • Vase mode movement bugfix

March 30, 2017

Janos Janos
Admin
393 posts

6 replies

The improvement to vase mode printing with this version is huge. The z-axis now moves a lot more smooth, and no longer creates those annoying clicks/thumps.

And E-shift (also known as corner compensation or linear advance extrusion) now works again. Just keep in mind that the default setting for this is off (K0), so to take advantage of it you need to explicitly enable it in your startup script. The impact isn't huge, and when printing slow it doesn't make any discernible difference, but for faster prints it can really provide some nice improvements. A K-value of around 1 seems to be good for allround prints.

March 30, 2017

mroek mroek
Honored
275 posts

Hi,

Could you show a sample line to put in starting script with k1 parameters .

Many thanks

April 1, 2017

ClOkuido ClOkuido
Beginner
46 posts

You just write M1210K1F1200 somewhere into your starting script.
This is what you can expect from the compensation.

April 1, 2017

psanyi psanyi
Exalted
742 posts

Ok, Thank you, I will just now add that line to my profiles, as I suppose it doesn't matter too much if it is for PLA, ABS, or maybe Nylon ?

April 1, 2017

ClOkuido ClOkuido
Beginner
46 posts

It does matter, the default is for PLA at the default 215 degrees, default nozzle. Maybe it is good for other stuff too, but as this factor depends on the viscosity of the melt plastic, it surely depends on material and temperature, so you should print the test and determine the K value, as it is described in the other thread.

April 1, 2017

psanyi psanyi
Exalted
742 posts

Well I have to start to learn M1210 F1200 gcode ,read forums threads for K and make some tests. Understanding is never lost, Thanks for your reply

April 2, 2017

ClOkuido ClOkuido
Beginner
46 posts
To start a discussion or reply to a post please Login or Create an account.