New BBP controller board based on Beaglebone.

https://www.3dprintersonlinestore.com/pep-up-your-3d-printer-with-fastbot-bbp-controller-board

March 14, 2015

3DForms 3DForms
Superstar
1698 posts

8 replies

Hmmm I wonder if they take advantage of the microcode engines - I hear they are excellent motor control co-processors if we could get docs/tools

March 14, 2015

fmotta fmotta
Revered
653 posts

That looks interesting...

March 14, 2015

Jaime Vigil Jaime Vigil
Exalted
747 posts

How can you be sure that you are not trading one OS deficient controller for another? I would not be surprised that the CU motherboard may have some deficiencies, but, I suspect these deficiencies are primarily in the OS, not in the components. Janos comments (how long ago was that?) about going to 24VDC solves only some of the problems, and that is not the OS solutions that are needed. Fortunately (or unfortunately) I have plenty of other student projects to deal with that the CB may not get integrated into my projects this school year. I should have the parts for my two modification projects by the end of this month and can try them out. I am just in a waiting mode at present.

March 14, 2015

Ken Kadrmas Ken Kadrmas
Friendly
171 posts

I was not thinking of doing anything to my cb. This was more of...that would make an interesting new project or new 3d printer. Or I could use that for a mini mill to make it a cnc for example. I'm just not liking those campaigns, so I rather get something that's there already, but since I'm in no hurry, it's nice to see these things.

March 14, 2015

Jaime Vigil Jaime Vigil
Exalted
747 posts

Yep, I wouldn't be altering my CB (yet). I like seeing alternatives for a RAMPS or smoothie for an upgrade of the other printers.

March 14, 2015

fmotta fmotta
Revered
653 posts

BBP 1S board is almost ready to ship. They have added 1 more stepper driver, making it a total of 7 stepper drivers board.

They will send out below items with the board as well.
1. All connectors with wires.
2. cooling fin for stepper driver,
3. 1 OTG cable
4. 1 USB2DC cable
5. 1 fan (12V)

It's a huge board with whole bunch of connectors! :-)

New BBP controller board.

August 19, 2015

3DForms 3DForms
Superstar
1698 posts

Appreciate if you stop spamming! Thanks

November 28, 2015

Ivan Hoe Ivan Hoe
Revered
498 posts

I like linux debian, I use a real time version on my cnc mill.

February 21, 2017

BV BV
Friendly
197 posts
To start a discussion or reply to a post please Login or Create an account.