CraftWare is a FREE, fast, easy-to-use slicer software that converts your digital 3D object into a .gcode toolpath format understood by most 3D printers.
CraftWare primarily works as a slicer for solid 3D digital objects, but it is also an excellent tool for many other tasks. You can interactively manage your prints, thus reducing build time and finding the optimal build supports. CraftWare also utilizes the most impressive gcode visualizer on the market; this allows you to see each print layer-by-layer, from any angle, easily allowing you to detect any places that you may want to modify before printing. It is basically like seeing a finished print in front of you before you press the start button.
CraftWare utilizes dual channel communication for real time interaction between the software and the printer -just another great tweaking option.
Our slicing algorithm effectively supplies the best possible toolpath for your CraftBot, providing the utmost quality as soon as possible. CraftWare also supports all reprap printers using the standard gcode command set.
- Open multiple .stl, .obj files and arrange them on the build platform.
- Scale, move, and rotate, clone individual models or groups of models at once.
- Interactive support management.
- Effective slicing of objects in no time.
- Load/save .gcode generated from other programs too.
- Gcode toolpath traversal.
- Machine control.
CraftWare is not a 3D design program. You can still do your 3D modeling in whatever program you choose. We recommend an easy startup program such as Google SketchUp.
We sincerely hope that the release of the latest version of CraftWare (Version 1.15) will be well worth the wait.
We dedicated over 1 year’s work toward the new CraftWare; our focus was to reinforce stability and reliability… to develop a completely re-vamped slicer, which incorporates new features and options based on our own research, and valued user feedback.
...feel free to try it, test it and let us know your opinion via the CraftUnique Forum.
Without further adieu, let’s see what’s new:
The Slicer Engine itself
- HShell ZigZag optimization: This improvement combines small line segments into a longer single line.
- Raft Construction solely beneath the support sections: this option allows the user to generate a raft, or additionally printed foundation, just beneath the supports, not in contact with the actual printed object itself.
- With the Avoid Crossing Perimeters feature, the user can choose a print option that best prevents the travel from crossing open spaces on each single layer outside the perimeter of the printed object.
- A Dual Extruder option has been added which supports the following modes: Dual, Support, Parallel and Mirror.
- Opening a file directly from a URL: Drag'n'drop a URL file from your web browser into the program directly. CraftWare will download it and try to open it. (http/302 relocation is also supported).
- Integration with thingiverse.com: visually browse through popular printable objects in a list form by simply placing them into the Drag'n'drop section of CraftWare. In addition to the file download links (zipped and individual STL files), CraftWare will recognize links that identify the landing page of the object as well.
Object view: By pressing the CTRL button on your keyboard in correlation with the mouse movement, you will open up an expanded field of slicing visuals and opportunities:
- Model decomposition: You can split up your model in the case that the object surface faces are not connected, thus allowing you to focus separately on the individual pieces of a larger project.
- Scale/Mirror X All: this option takes the entire work area, support structures included, and modifies the subject to be a mirror image of itself. For example: a right arm when applying this feature, becomes a left arm -a great option for creating necessary variant parts for a larger project without having to go back into a design program and modify/recreate your original file.
Improved Auto Support feature
- A Layer Pause Editor has also been added.
Additional language options: Russian
CraftWare for Windows
Downloading CraftWare has never been easier!
Just click on the box below and follow the steps to launch the latest version on your Windows Device.Get CraftWare Get CraftPrint
Please click here for all versions.
|Version||Release date||Supported OS||Link|
|CP_1.10_WIN||2018.03.14.||Windows 7 and above||CraftPrint_1.10_win_installer.exe|
|CW_1.16_WIN||2018.02.09.||Windows 7 and above||CraftWare_1.16_win_installer.exe|
|CP_1.09_WIN||2017.12.20.||Windows 7 and above||CraftPrint_1.09_win_installer.exe|
|CW_1.15_WIN||2017.12.19.||Windows 7 and above||CraftWare_1.15_win_installer.exe|
|CW_1.14_CP_1.04_WIN||2016.05.09.||Windows 7 and above||CraftWare_1.14_and_CraftPrint_1.04_win_installer.exe|
|CP_1.08_WIN||2017.03.29.||Windows 7 and above||CraftPrint_1.08_win_installer.exe|
|CP_1.07_WIN||2017.02.21.||Windows 7 and above||CraftPrint_1.07_win_installer.exe|
|CP_1.06_WIN||2016.10.18.||Windows 7 and above||CraftPrint_1.06_win_installer.exe|
|CP_1.05_WIN||2016.08.03.||Windows 7 and above||CraftPrint_1.05_win_installer.exe|
|CW_1.13_CP_1.03_WIN||2015.11.06.||Windows 7 and above||CraftWare_1.13_and_CraftPrint_1.03_win_installer.exe|
|CW_1.12_CP_1.02_WIN beta||2015.10.29.||Windows 7 and above||CraftWare_1.12_and_CraftPrint_1.02_win_installer.exe|
|CW_1.11_CP_1.01_WIN beta||2015.08.17.||Windows 7 and above||CraftWare_1.11_and_CraftPrint_1.01_win_installer.exe|
|CW_1.11_WIN beta||2015.08.12.||Windows 7 and above||CraftWare_1.11_win_installer.exe|
|CW_1.10_WIN beta||2015.05.16.||Windows 7 and above||CraftWare_1.10_win_installer.exe|
|CW_1.09_WIN beta||2015.05.13.||Windows 7 and above||CraftWare_1.09_win_installer.exe|
|CW_1.08_10237_WIN beta||2015.01.11.||Windows 7 and above||CraftWare_1.08_10237_win_installer.exe|
|CW 1.08 beta, CP 1.00 beta||2014.12.28.||Windows 7 and above||CraftWare_1.08_win_installer.exe|
|CW_1.07_WIN beta||2014.11.27.||Windows 7 and above||CraftWare_1.07_win_installer.exe|
|CW_1.06_WIN beta||2014.08.18.||Windows 7 and above||CraftWare_1.06_win_installer.exe|
|CW_1.05_WIN beta||2014.08.08.||Windows 7 and above||CraftWare_1.05_win_installer.exe|
|CW_1.04_WIN beta||2014.08.01.||Windows 7 and above||CraftWare_1.04_win_installer.exe|
|CW_1.03_WIN beta||2014.07.25.||Windows 7 and above||CraftWare_1.03_win_installer.exe|
|CW_1.02_WIN beta||2014.07.18.||Windows 7 and above||CraftWare_1.02_win_installer.exe|
|CW_1.01_WIN beta||2014.07.14.||Windows 7 and above||CraftWare_1.01_win_installer.exe|
|CW_1.00_WIN beta||2014.07.07.||Windows 7 and above||CraftWare_1.00_win_installer.exe|
CraftWare for MAC OS
Downloading CraftWare has never been easier!
Just click on the box below and follow the steps to launch the latest version on your Mac OS Device.Get CraftWare Get CraftPrint
Please click here for all versions.
|Version||Release date||Supported OS||Link|
|CP_1.10_MAC||2018.03.14.||Mac OSX 10.7 and above||CraftPrint_1.10_mac_installer.dmg|
|CW_1.16_MAC||2018.03.05.||Mac OSX 10.7 and above||CraftWare_1.16_mac_installer.dmg|
|CW_1.15_MAC||2017.12.20.||Mac OSX 10.7 and above||CraftWare_1.15_mac_installer.dmg|
|CP_1.09_MAC||2017.12.20.||Mac OSX 10.7 and above||CraftPrint_1.09_mac_installer.dmg|
|CW_1.14_CP_1.04_MAC||2016.05.14.||Mac OSX 10.7 and above||CraftWare_1.14_and_CraftPrint_1.04_mac_installer.dmg|
|CW_1.11_MAC beta||2015.08.12.||Mac OSX 10.7 and above||CraftWare_1.11_mac_installer.dmg|
|CW_1.06_MAC beta||2014.09.30.||Mac OSX 10.7 and above||CraftWare_1.06_mac_installer.dmg|
CraftWare for Linux
Downloading CraftWare has never been easier!
Just click on the box below and follow the steps to launch the latest version on your Linux Device.Get CraftWare
Please click here for all versions.
|Version||Release date||Supported OS||Link|
Do you have a CraftBot 2 or XL?
Download our APP for either Android or iOS device by clicking on the appropriate box below!
2017.12.19 CraftWare 1.15
- CraftPrint is now in a separate installer.
- File handling revisited. From now file types(project, settings, objects, gcodes) can be identified by content, not just by extension. Whenever a file open dialog is displayed, you can load any type of file that is supported by CraftWare using the fileType Combo box.
- You can Drag'n'drop a file URL into the program from a web browser. CraftWare will download it and try to open it. (http/302 relocation is supported too).
- Zip files and Directories are now supported. CraftWare will try to look into them. You can use them by the new unified file open dialog or by Drag'N'Drop. Only the 'deflate' compression method is supported.
- A little integration with thingiverse.com: While browsing printable things in a list, you can simply Drag'n'drop them into CraftWare. In addition to the file download links (zipped and individual STL files), CraftWare will recognize links that identify a thing page too.
- Keyboard shortcuts can be redefined in the options form.
- Multilanguage support. The first few languages are introduced, actual translations can delay though, but the possibility is there.
- Dual extruder support has been added. It supports the following modes: Dual, Support, Parallel and Mirror mode.
- Multiple printer profiles are supported now.
- Colors of the following entities can be redefined: Segment type, Extrusion rate, Feed rate, Tool head.
- New slicer engine v4 is implemented in this new CraftWare. It is the first release so there may be bugs but it seems promising already. The two main reason to replace the previous offsetter is stability and thin walls (or hairs, or tentacles). This kind of hairs will also act inside the loops, not just outside the perimeter.
- HShell ZigZag optimization. Combines small line segments into a long line.
- Option to generate raft under the supports only, not under the object. When the object needs support but has large flat areas on the bottom as well that needs no raft.
- Avoid islands feature now traces perimeter.
- You can use CTRL to do more precise operations with the mouse.
- Cut by plane feature added. You can cut your models by an arbitrary plane.
- Model decompose added. Possible to split your model if their faces aren't connected.
- Scale/Mirror X All: Mirrors the whole work area including support structures.
- Improved auto support, also supports touch entity has been added that traces the surface.
- Beach ball bug fixed.
- Layer pause editor added.
2016.05.09 CraftWare 1.14 and CraftPrint 1.04
- GCode viewer Ver2.0 is accessible in the OpenGL rendering mode. GCodeViewer V2 makes possible to see GCodes that fill up the whole printing volume (*if you have the proper hardware).
- Faster GCode loading.
- Much less memory footprint both on CPU and on GPU. Using advanced GPU techniques it can handle much bigger gcodes than before.
- Faster graphics. It uses less triangles but more math.
- Nicer graphics using flawlessly round surfaces that can be cut with a perfectly flat intersection plane. (It is planned to have a low quality mode also, for slower GPUs and/or bigger gcodes.)
- No rebuild/reload needed when changing the coloring type or the intersection plane.
- But more hardware requirements: It will need a GPU capable of running 5-10 years old games. On the Direct3D rendering mode (through the Angle project) it is not supported. If the OpenGL mode fails, the Direct3D rendering mode is still there for compatibility.
- New GCode coloring mode: By ToolHead id. This is a preparation for the upcoming dual extruder support.
- Gcode can be animated with small moving stripes to visualize FeedRate in realtime.
- Editor: Parts outside the print volume aren't painted all red, only at the intersection surfaces.
- Slicer: Acceleration is not embedded in GCode by default.
- Options: To set the colors in the GCode viewer.
- Options: File association handling for user definied gcode extensions too.
- Options: Change of options updates the main window almost immediately.
- Editor: GUI scaling is now supported. The buttons and the text are scaled according to your OS Font Size settings.
- Editor: Auxiliary drawing functions (texts, and buttons) rewritten. Displaying 30 lines of GCode take only as long as it should: less than a milliseconds.
- GCode Viewer: Syntax highlight in the gcode text.
- Slicer: Fixed a possible infinite loop.
- Slicer: A script can be defined to run on every layers. Accessible functionality: Querying layer/height information, writing into the gcode(before/after the actual layer), setting temperatures, fan speed, pausing the CraftBot.
- Slicer: GCode/DisplayPercentage option. (M73 command)
- Editor: *.png file can be loaded as a height map. You can non-uniformly adjust it later with in Scale mode. (Only height map so far, no sides and bottom.)
- Slicer: Raft/OnlyUnderSupports It will only print raft under the support bars, not under the objects.
- Editor: Supportbars are slightly visible in editing mode.
- Slicer: Craftware generated startGcode now preceding the user set start Gcode.
- Slicer settings: Bugfix: clicking on the slicer hints will not lose focus.
- GCode Viewer: Z Elevation bug fixed. (In the OpenGL ver2 only. The old gcode viewer is deprecated.)
- Editor: Camera control buttons (bottom left): 6 directions, Home, Zoom extends.
- Slicer settings: SupportSpeed% SupportWidth% SoftSupportWidth% added.
- Slicer settings: Temperature settings: Option to wait or not to wait, selectable bed/head order. StartupExtrude has been moved to the gcode tab. DrawSpeed -> Basic tab.
- Editor: [Multiply] button in 'Move' mode. You can clone the selected objects.
- Project file: Now contains the last slicer preset. You can save the project manually to save this preset if you changed it (Changing the slicer settings will not mark the project file as 'changed'.). Next time you load a project, you can find it's preset saved in the slicer settings on the name 'Loaded Project's preset'.
- GCode file: The slicer preset stored in the gcode file can be loaded into the slicer dialog by selecting the preset: 'Loaded GCode's preset'.
- GCode viewer: Visible layers slider's functionality has been changed. Now you can easily set it to display small amount of layers.
- Support generator: Minimum allowed support bar size lowered from 1mm down to 0.1mm. So surfaces close to the bed will have support too.
- GCode viewer: The new gcode viewer (This is used in OpenGL mode) now solves some bugs around layer detection: 1. sequential printed objects. 2. ZElevation. 3. Raised first layer. The old GCode viewer (in DirectX mode) is now deprecated and is only there for compatibility with less capable gfx cards.
- Editor Options/Gfx: Mark objects outside the work area. You can adjust the width of those red markings.
- CraftPrint: Preparation for WiFi support.
2015.11.06 CraftWare 1.13 beta and CraftPrint 1.03 beta
- CraftWare: Trace function now works from CraftPrint.
- CraftPrint: Fixed a communication bug that may happened during firmware update on some computers.
2015.10.29 CraftWare v1.12 beta and CraftPrint v1.02 beta
- New graphic rendering API: Classic OpenGL. Use this with [x]WindowedMode for best performance/look. Although it needs a good GPU with recent drivers.
- On startup crash problems, the installer will let you choose graphic rendering api: You can revert to Direct3D.
- MAC: unfortunately this classic OpenGL mode isn't work well, so have to solve the gcode viewer lag with an other method.
- Options form is redesigned into 3 tabbed views, added a few new options.
- Win: Options/Gfx/Windowed: This can be enabled if the rendering mode is OpenGL. It delivers faster/nicer gfx.
- Win: Options/Gfx/Antialias: When windowed mode is enabled you can finally have this as well.
- SlicerSettings/GCode/Early extrusion: You can instruct the gcode generator to shift back extruder movements in time. The gcode viewer really hates it, though. This will be fixed in the future when the gcode viewer will be revisited.
- SlicerSettings/GCode/Acceleration: You can generate accelerated toolpath into the GCode. If you print on CraftBot/pen-drive, reduce the time_step to 40ms. CraftBot/USB can handle the smoother 20ms resolution.
- Options/Printer/Acceleration: Uses these acceleration settings to slow down the estimated time when it loads a gcode into the gcode viewer.
- Laptops with NVidia Optimus(tm) technology: The application now tells the system, that it should use the dedicated NV Gpu instead the lowPower Intel HD one.
- GCode decoder optimizations: The gcode decoder now has a very fast parser. But it isn't noticeable yet as the later parts of the gcode visualization process keep it down. Next task is to revisit those parts.
- GCode viewer: KIS Slicer color comment interpretation have been fixed.
- MAC: Trying to implement classic OpenGL rendering as in Win, but bumped to some unforseen errors: GLSL version is ridiculously low on 10.9, and the OpenGL Core profile is not working with the Qt shader.
- MAC: Replaced the ALT key with the CTRL key while processing keyboard input as the ALT key modifies the alphanumeric key into other characters. Ctrl+Command+X and Ctrl+Command+Z finally works.
- Options/Gfx: There is an information displayed on the currently running OpenGL system. (gl version, shader language version, vendor)
2015.08.17 CraftWare v1.11 beta and CraftPrint v1.01 beta
- CraftPrint is reworked.
2015.08.12 CraftWare v1.11 beta and CraftPrint v1.00 beta
- Work continued on vector offsetter. Now all the slicing is done in vector space (Except raft which is good as it is now.)
- HShell bug is gone almost completely. (There are some unfortunate cases when it is still around.)
- Multi-core support works again.
- Many speed optimizations in the slicer and code refactoring.
- There was a "memory leak"-ish error in the gcode viewer. Actually it was three different memory fragmentation problems that have been solved.
- Options/Rendering API: Now there is an additional rendering API selectable from the option form: classic OpenGL in addition to the Direct3D (through ANGLE project). In classic OpenGL mode there are new opportunities to improve graphics, although it's is not that compatible, so the default setting is Direct3D.
- Options/ObjectDisplayMode: vertex and normal data can be compressed down to 33%. (needs classic OpenGL) From now it can handle very large models with 5+ million triangles.
- Options/GCodeDisplayMode: A 66% compression can be enabled. More gcode can be displayed. But still there is space for more improvements in the future.
- Slicer settings: Basic/Top/Bottom shell: Enable/Disable micro-travels.
- Slicer settings: PathFinder can be enabled or disabled. (Pathfinder avoids the obstacles while traveling) Works inside and inter- islands.
- Multi-select fileOpenDialog for model files
- Options: file associations. Also you can specify gcode extensions and filename prefix/postfix when saving gcode files.
- Options: .cwsp files: (slicer preset files): You can associate and also drag'n'drop slicer preset files onto the main window or the advanced slicer settings window.
- Options: WorkArea X,Y offsets.
- Slicing/Basic/Vase mode (no infill, only enables HShell on the bottom, no spiral path at the moment)
- Default slicer settings has been slightly updated. (Circular fill, except on topmost shell, less infill, less Vertical Shells.)
2015.05.16 CraftWare v1.10 beta and CraftPrint v1.00 beta
- First layer "draw" speed bug fixed when raft was not used.
- Minor code refactoring.
2015.05.13 CraftWare v1.09 beta and CraftPrint v1.00 beta
- Vector offsetter has been greatly reworked.
- A better toolpath optimizer has been implemented.
- Re-designed advanced mode slicer dialog.
- Easy mode settings now visible in expert mode.
- Sophisticated raft editor added.
2015.01.11 Version v1.08
- Perimeter/loop traversal direction can be alternated.
2014.12.27 CraftWare v1.08 and CraftPrint v1.00 beta
This release is a preview of the upcoming vector slicer:
- The experimental vector offseter can be activated with the "Use vector offseter" checkbox on the Settings/Basic panel. Note that one step of the whole slicing process. Other parts such as the masker/filler are not changed yet. It's kinda intolerant with mesh errors and a bit unstable at the moment.
- Known bug #1: Complete outlines can disappear resulting big horizontal shell sheets at some 'random' layers. In that case try modify the object's height vertically with some 0.01 millimeters, or change the layer height a bit.
- Known bug #2: It doesn't like erroneous meshes. In case of an exception please try to repair the mesh with a suitable tool.
- ExtrusionWidth and LayerHeight values now are maximized at 20mm. (for clay printing)
- Loops and Perimeters are traversed in the same direction (CCW or CW) and this direction is alternated on adjacent layers. It will be useful for slicing tubes.
- Bed will be heated before the nozzle so a cold bed can receive maximum power.
- Bug when sending Cura gcode: M109 T0 Sxxx were interpreted as 2 separate commands. Handling T commands fixed.
- Layer start position: North and South was swapped.
- Layer start position: New option: Spinning. It starts every layer from a different angle. Angle is 180-14 degrees.
- "1st layer extruder speed ratio" is now saved properly in the settings.
- CraftPrint: "Load custom firmware" option in the extras menu.
2014.11.27 CraftWare v1.07 beta and CraftPrint v1.00 beta
- First mac version was released, many things had to be ported, also had to recompile Clang and the Qt library which took a whole night (OMG!), but finally made it all work.
- Current MAC version is 1.06
- New parameters: Top/Bottom shell (Minimum line length), Vertical shell (fill/loop overlap, Perimeter gap), Tool path (Wipe length/speed)
- Bugs fixed: PolyFillerAlgo = Odd -> bad outlines, StartLayerPosition != LastHeadPos -> possible crash
- All parallel stuff now uses OpenMP (to be compatible with MAC OSX)
- Sub-projects started but still in progress: New precise vector offsetter algo for mechanical parts. New tool path traversal algorithm.
- Drag'n'drop files into CW handled well: You can drag cwprj, obj, stl, gco, gcode onto the main window.
- Command line supoort: CW will try to open it's parameter (project/object/gcode). It will allow only one instance of CraftWare. If an instance is already running, the parameter will be passed to it.
- Print button: Now it will start the new CraftPrint application and pass the gcode to it.
- Settings: Is now saved slightly after every change and before slicing. So a crash will not reset your precious parameters.
- Many bugs solved: Concentric shell + ShellDensity != 100 bug, Heater/Bed OFF commands are 140/104 instead of 190/109, many minor gcode viewer/decoder bugs, also a few crash related bugs were fixed by started using OpenMP instead of threads using global vars to communicate.
- It's a new compact printing interface with multiple printer support.
- Only most necessary features are on screen: Temperatures, Fan, Homing, manual Extruding, moving Z, motors off (aka moving xy ;), some tweak parameters, gcode program control and a terminal screen for anything else.
- Supports pause whith moving the printer head away. (Rest position is currently at X0Y100.) It lets you change filament mid-print.
- Detects CraftBots automatically. Also you can add other printers manually, it will remember it in the registry.
- Command line support: You can associate CP to .obj files. It will load the gcode into an available printer. Also CraftPrint is a singleton application, just like the current version of CraftWare.
- Integration with CraftWare: The magnifier icon will display the gcode and current head position in the gcode viewer of CraftWare. (Printer-dependent bed config is not resolved yet, gcode will bi displayed in CW's current printer configuration.)
- CraftBot's FirmWare Tool has been integrated into CraftPrint. It gets the latest FirmWare from https://craftunique.com and installs it.
2014.08.18 CraftWare v1.06 beta
- There was a chance of crash when the slicerform was closed while slicing.
- Another possible crash solved when loading a gcode (generated or loaded from a file)
- GCode viewer toolpathpath coloring is now compatible with KISS, Cura, Matter, MakerWare and SKeinforge.
- FirmWare installation tool for CraftBot.
- Settings are now saved right before slicing. (into registry)
- Printing UI is accessible now. It's experimental and only tested with a CraftBot. (Heating commands may interfere with the heating commands inside the gcode)
- LayerStartPos is now works, but still in development. The only reliable setting at the moment is "LastHeadPos".
- New slicing parameter exposed: Perimeter gap. You can insert a small gap on the perimeter to avoid 'bubbles' on the surface.
- Another slicing parameter: HShellMinLineLen. Line segments below that size are not drawn in the horizontal shell.
- Possible deadlock when LayerStartPos!=LastHeadPos.
- HShell overlaps badly with loops. It needs some refinements, and also a Loop/Infill overlap parameter will be placed on the UI.
2014.08.08 CraftWare v1.05 beta
- If you have v1.03 or older, you must reinstall v1.05 because all the dll files have been replaced due to the upgrade from Qt 5.1.1 to 5.3.1. The update.exe file can only replace the main exe file but not the required dll files, it's unfortunately not enough for this update.
- Sometimes there was randomly an unnecessary travel to xy=(0, 0) especially on big meshes. They have been fixed.
- .OBJ reader: Now it can handle polygons having more than 4 vertices. (Thingiverse/Aibo dog is looking good now)
- Minor visual glitches: When aligning the bottom panel to the left or right. Circular build platform was incorrectly square while seeing from below ground level.
- Support structure toolpath is more optimal now. It was a bug that enabled automatic supportbars to be spawned inside a solid object. Those bars were masked out completely in the previous version but they was able to ruin the optimal travel path between the bars.
- Gcode viewer: visual Z position of the travel path is fixed.
- Skeinforge gcode coloring is now supported. (along with Cura, MakerWare and KISS Slicer)
- Transparent(ish) object display mode can be enabled in the Options form. It can help positioning objects.
2014.08.01 CraftWare v1.04:
- You must reinstall v1.04 because all the dll files have been replaced due to the upgrade from Qt 5.1.1 to 5.3.1. The update.exe file can only replace the main exe file but not the required dll files, it's unfortunately not enough for this update.
- InfillThicknes: Stronger infill walls can be made of more than one extruded line (Basic settings/Infill/Thickness).
- FirstLayerExtrusionRation: Extrusion override for the first layer.
- FirstLayerDrawSpeed: Speed override for the first layer. Works along with the InitialLayerSpeed/Count settings.
- SlicerForm: Import/Export preset. File extension is ".cwsp" (CW Slicer Preset). It's saved in a human readable JSON format.
- SlicerForm text in the controls turns green when their values are different from the current preset/profile.
- Slicer: Retract bug. Sometimes the program did not allow Far Travels (alongside retracting) when they would be necessary.
- Slicer: RepairCorners functionality was bugged (crashed) with complex meshes like Thingiverse/Dragonfly Wing Set.
- Popup Forms: form size is no longer restricted. During form creation the function "adjustSize()" is used, you can still resize the form if it fails (because Qt doesn't like warped text labels and such)
- Preview display is now aware of the current Raft configuration.
2014.07.25 CraftWare v1.03 beta
- When PolygonFillStyle is set to "Odd" there are some perimeter artifacts.
- When cStartAtLayer is not equal to LastPosition. This setting will be ignored until corrected.
- Slicer form is closable while slicing is in progress.
- Options/NumCPU setting doesn't effect actual CPU core usage.
- Rare random crashes.
- There are a few (1-5) random bright pixels on the screen.
- Shell Thickness calculated fields: LayerHeight and ExtrusionWidth values were swapped.
- An option to turn off environment mapping in both object and support view in unison.
- Tab order corrections
- Brim has been completely redesigned. (Although the previous ''fishing net'' feature will return in the future, I think it's simple and practical with a heated bed to strengthen the supports)
- Crashes while adjusting the brim/skirt fixed.
- MakerBot M132 is not interpreted by the gcode viewer as a sign that the XY is centered at 0,0. Use Options/BuildVolume instead.
- New circular build platform option.
- gcode decoder: Now it understands comments in KISS, MakerWare, Cura gcodes and uses appropriate colors based on the segment type.
- gcode text display is available in the gcode viewer.
- Popup form resolutions are maximized to 1000x700 pixels.
- Models bigger than 4M triangles will not crash (there is a GPU limit on the VBO size), rather they will be drawn incomplete.
- Slicer Form: inappropriate CPU usage (10-20%) reduced. Now it is more careful when changing the widget stylesheets.
2014.07.18 CraftWare v1.02 beta
- RepairCorners default is now 0
- RepairCorners works for more than one loop. Although it's not necessary because the outer corners automatically collapse to sharp corners and the inner corners (in the holes) tend to grow into big circles that can't be repaired.
- Slightly improved RepairCorners: There is no need to increment PathSmoothing from default 0.08 to 0.1.
- Installer runs vcredist in /quiet mode.
- The Slicing crash caused by the performance monitor flaw has been fixed.
- Bug: "I wasn't able to load Stored presets yet? Only when saving the project and reloading it again." -> presets are now saved into the registry.
- Selectable Polygon Filler Algorithm: You can choose between a faster method or a method using "error-prone" to eliminate simple mistakes.
- Shell Thickness autocalculated fields.
- Layer starting position is now selectable: Sequential, Random, North, South, East, West. Sequential is slow, but minimizes travel between adjacent layers.
- My misunderstanding of Raft is renamed to Brim (sorry ABS people)
- The Raft 'sandwich' configuration thing is established in the Slicer UI. But in the application only the Raft Enable checkbox is working. Expect a flexible Raft generator tool in the future.
2014.07.14 CraftWare v1.01 beta
- Options/Build Volume configuration is now working. You can configurate it for Delta machines.
- Maximum speeds are now raised to 500mm/s
- Open/Save folder bug fixed: It doesn't remember the folder when you do not save it and it only shows the home folder when you freshly install the app.
- Slicer form: Fill Angles are now configurable: Infill angle & layer increment, HShell angle & layer increment, Raft angle. The only exception is Support angles.
- Slicer form: Fan settings are now accessible.
- Slicer form: HShell density now effects extruded flow the way it should.
- Slicer form: Vertical speed and retract/prime speed.
- Slicer form: There is now a Repair Corners option. It fixes rounded corners caused by the raster-offset algorithm.
- Form maximized state is stored in the ini (registry).
- There is now a basic interface to set up the filament meter prices in the options form. It is displayed on the GCode viewer and it has a button to toggle.
2014.07.07 CraftWare v1.00 beta
First public release.