Hi iv decided to try out the software with my Ultimaker Original , so however alot of the settings are different than what i was used to with CURA , craftware looks alot more interesting however when i finished slicing and put the gcode onmy SD card and into the Ultimaker original and hit print its like the extruder was going super fast maybe the software isnt recognizing my printer . What do I have to do to get this software to work with my printer ?

April 12, 2016

eric eric
Beginner
1 posts

1 reply

Hello Eric. I have transfered settings a lot from my printers to different slicers. A lot of settings are the same, so you can compare them. I have no experience with an ultimaker, as it's to expensive for me ;-) But to start you can change the following settings as a beginning:

Were is the "zero" point of an ultimaker: in the center of the bed or at a corner? You can change that, as well the size of the bed at the "settings" button of Craftware.

After that you can go to "slice"and the basic tab. At that tab you certainly have to change the filament diameter: it's about 2.85mm with an ultimaker? Check Cura or that.
Aso alter the Retraction and prime on the advanced tab, as you have a bowden extruder: use 40mm/s and 4.5mm retraction and prime to start with. Travel speed can be set at 150mm/s. The draw speed (the "basic" speed of Craftware) maybe set to 50mm/s. All other speeds are a percentage of that draw speed.

At the Gcode tab set under header:

G21
G90
M82
M107
G28 X0 Y0
G28 Z0
M109 S220 ; I'm not sure about this for the UM but you have to heat before extrusion
G1 Z15.0 F600
G92 E0
G1 F200 E3
G92 E0

And at the footer:
M104 S0
M140 S0
G91
G1 E-1 F300
G1 Z+0.5 E-5 X-20 Y-20 F600
G28 X0 Y0
M84
G90

At the temperature tab: set startup extrude to zero.
Of course set the temperatures according the material you use.

After the first test you can tweak the profile further to your need.

April 13, 2016

Bart ter Haar Bart ter Haar
Service partner
1549 posts
To start a discussion or reply to a post please Login or Create an account.